Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lazy Days and Holidays

It's that time of year again, where the family gathers at the table for a huge meal followed by a football-fueled food coma.  As we gather and give thanks, I reflect on my many blessings.  Even though there have been hardships (and plenty of them) in the last year, I still have my health and happiness.  Hell, I'm on the right side of the dirt for another day, so I must be doing something right.  I figure if a grim reaper that sounds like Norm MacDonald isn't hanging out the house, I guess I'm doing alright...  But, in all honesty, I am doing better than some out there.  I have a home, a family, and people around me that I pay well to remain friends with me (believe me when I say the check is in the mail, friends).  My parents are still with me, I have an awesome nephew who is just starting to get old enough where I can teach him fun things like burping and farting, and have a loving new family that has welcomed me into their lives with seemingly open arms.  Why Melissa's family likes me so much is a mystery to me, but I'll roll with it; maybe they just like me for me?  Either way, I'm much better off today than I was a few years back, so I'm grateful for these blessings.  Now if the job fairy could just come over and share some wealth, that'd work too.  If not, the lottery ticket is still good for tonight's drawing...

In parting, I wish to share a Happy Thanksgiving to all; may your blessings be as bountiful as mine and may your turkey be moist and delicious.  (Oh, and enjoy the four-day weekend as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment